SACRAMENTO – Governor Brown’s Press Office issued the following information today regarding 2014 Governor’s Office media credentials.
The 2013 media credentials will expire on January 31, 2014. All members of the media who regularly cover the Governor in Sacramento and wish to apply for a credential or renew their 2013 credential must follow the steps below.
1. Fill out the “Capitol Press Corps Media Credential Application,” which can be found here.
2. Submit a letter from the applicant’s supervising editor or producer confirming that the applicant is a member of a news organization and is assigned to regularly cover the Governor. The letter must be on the news organization’s letterhead.
3. Email completed applications and letters to Danella.Debel@gov.ca.gov.
4. Applicants will receive an email after their paperwork is reviewed.
5. Reporters whose applications have been approved will schedule an appointment with the Governor’s Press Office to have their photograph taken and credential issued.
**NOTE: Both reporters renewing a credential and those submitting a new application must make an appointment to be photographed. Please direct all questions regarding the application process to the Governor’s Press Office at (916) 445-4571.