SACRAMENTO – The Governor’s Press Office issued the following information today regarding 2013 Governor’s Office media credentials.
The 2012 media credentials will expire on January 31, 2013. All members of the media who regularly cover the Governor in Sacramento and wish to apply for a credential or renew their 2012 credentials must follow the steps below.
1. Fill out the “Capitol Press Corps Media Credential Application,” which can be found here.
2. Submit a letter from the applicant’s supervising editor or producer confirming that the applicant is a member of a news organization and is assigned to regularly cover the Governor. The letter must be on the news organization’s letterhead.
3. Scan and email applications and letters to Danella.Debel@gov.ca.gov.
4. Applicants will receive an email after their paperwork is reviewed.
5. For approved renewals, reporters will be able to obtain their credentials directly from the Press Office.
6. Approved applications for new reporters must be picked up from the Press Office and taken by the applicant to the California Highway Patrol’s capitol office. CHP will photograph each approved applicant and issue credentials.
• CHP’s capitol office will be available by appointment only. The office can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 445-3876.
Please direct all questions regarding the application process to the Governor’s Press Office at (916) 445-4571.