SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
• AB 232 by Assemblymember Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella) – Community Development Block Grant Program: funds.
• AB 401 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) – School safety: Carl Washington School Safety and Violence Prevention Act.
• AB 733 by Assemblymember Fiona Ma (D-San Francisco) – Pupil records: privacy rights.
• AB 2219 by Assemblymember Stephen Knight (R-Lancaster) – Contractors’ workers’ compensation insurance coverage.
• AB 2284 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Eureka) – Irrigation.
• AB 2555 by Assemblymember Wilmer Carter (D-Rialto) – Free or reduced-price meals: summer school session: waivers.
• SB 708 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Funds transfers.
• SB 1045 by Senator Bill Emmerson (R-Riverside) – Metal theft: damages.
• SB 1266 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Resource conservation lands: appraisal process.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• AB 1098 by Assemblymember Wilmer Carter (D-Rialto) – Vehicle license fees: allocation. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.