SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. announced today that he has signed the following bills to strengthen public safety in California:
• AB 44 by Assemblymember Dan Logue (R-Chico) – Inmates: release: notification.
• AB 220 by Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana) – Interstate Compact for Juveniles.
• AB 813 by Assemblymember Nathan Fletcher (R-San Diego) – Sex offenders: punishment: parole.
• AB 898 by Assemblymember Luis Alejo (D-Salinas) – Crime victims: restitution: fine.
• SB 179 by Senator Fran Pavley (D-Agoura Hills) – Sex offenders: parole.
• SB 534 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Victims of sexual assault.
• SB 576 by Senator Ronald Calderon (D-Montebello) – Sentencing.
• SB 622 by Senator Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) – Sex offenders: registration.
• SB 756 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) -Sex offender registration.
• SB 852 by Senator Tom Harman (R-Huntington Beach) – Corrections: victim notification.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bill:
• SB 296 by Senator Roderick Wright (D-Los Angeles) – Criminal street gangs: injunction: petition for exemption. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.