Student Aid Commission, California

California Student Aid Commission (CSAC)

The California Student Aid Commission works toward a California that invests in education opportunity, fosters an active, effective, citizenry, and provides a higher quality of social and economic life for its citizens. The Student Aid Commission offers a variety of services with the mission of making education beyond high school financially accessible to all Californians.

General Information: 888-224-7268
Fax: 916-464-8002

Frequently Asked Questions

Use these checklists to help you plan and pay for college.

In most cases, Cal Grants are only for California residents —those who are or will be a California resident for at least one year by the application deadline. If you’re under 18 years of age, your residency is determined by your parent's state of legal residence. However, if your college or university determines you are AB 540-eligible, then you may be eligible for Cal Grants, institutional grants, or BOG fee waivers.

The California Dream Act Application is the application non-citizens will use to apply for High School Entitlement Cal Grant A and B awards, Community College Transfer Entitlement A and B awards, and Cal Grant C. The Dream Application is also used for institutional Dream Act financial aid and California Community Colleges Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG fee waiver).

Mobile Apps

Related Links