Frequently Asked Questions
- First attend to the medical needs of anyone involved. Call 911 if necessary-but remember that 911 is for emergencies only.
- When there are no injuries, move your vehicle out of traffic to the nearest place of safety.
- Notify the Department of the California Highway Patrol or the police department of the city in which the collision occurred.
- Exchange driver license, vehicle registration, and insurance information with the other driver or drivers.
- Do not accept or place any blame. Your insurance company has people trained to determine who is at fault.
- Gather contact information from possible witnesses.
- Take a moment to write down details of the collision, such as time of day, traffic conditions, weather conditions, and the events that led up to the collision.
- Remember, vehicle collisions are not accidents. An alcohol related vehicle collision is just that, a vehicle collision, because the term "accident" implies that these collisions, deaths, and injuries are unavoidable. In fact, alcohol related collisions are predictable and preventable because drinking and driving is the conscious choice of the driver. Never drink and drive or ride with someone who has been drinking. Please be responsible.
Describes the CHP's enforcement policies, gives driver safety tips, and tells history. https://www.chp.ca.gov/
Click on Details for additional information. Screen will refresh in 60 seconds. Please forward Comments and Suggestions to email@example.com · CHP Mobile ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/traffic
3 days ago ... California Highway Patrol Careers .... Department attended the California Highway Patrol (CHP) Level III Explorer Academy this past summer. https://www.chp.ca.gov/chp-careers
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) keeps motorists informed with up-to-date information on highway and road safety. View our press releases below to read ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/news-alerts
One of the primary factors in accomplishing this mission is communication with the people of California. Here's how to contact us: If you have an emergency ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/home/contact-us
4902 Pacific Hwy. San Diego , CA 92110 ... The California Highway Patrol San Diego Area consists of twelve different freeways covering over three hundred ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/find-an-office/border-division/offices/(645)-san-diego
California Highway Patrol Programs & Services. Our motto is "Safety, Service, and Security." Read about how we provide those features to Californians here ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/programs-services
Find an Office. The CHP has Area Offices, Inspection Facilities, and Communication & Dispatch Centers throughout the state. To locate your nearest Area Office, ... https://www.chp.ca.gov/find-an-office