California’s dashboards serve up real-time infographics and statistics, illustrating how California’s citizens, businesses, and visitors are doing business with the state via the web. Information like “how many people are on CA.gov right now” comes directly from Google Analytics™ and is automatically updated on a continuous basis. There are three dashboards available:
- California Data Dashboard
- Number of people on all California government websites in real-time and over the last 24 hours
- General statistics on monthly and daily visits by mobile phone and tablet users
- Featured statistics on online services such as traffic lookup, license checks, and property searches
- Overview of state departments follower counts on social media
- Real-time social media “ticker” showing the latest news feeds, YouTube videos, and Tweets
- Social Media Dashboard
- Infographics on state departments use of social media
- Featured statistics on social media follower counts, including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Ranked listing of most popular Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube accounts among state departments
The data contained in the dashboards is provided for informational and educational purposes only. Most of the data is obtained from Google Analytics™ and relies on the use of their API. Google Analytics™ allows departments to gather, view, and analyze website traffic to improve citizens experiences. The data from Google Analytics™ does not include several departments, including the Franchise Tax Board and others. Some of the data was also obtained from Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
For Media and Other Inquiries: Please contact us prior to using this data for any official purpose.