The Land and Natural Resources
- California's Air - California Air Resources Board
Find out what the air pollution situation is in your neighborhood.
- California's Biodiversity - California Biodiversity Council
See what the State is doing to coordinate the programs of various state, federal, and local organizations that have environmental concerns as a focus.
- California's Ecology - U.S. Department of Agriculture
Read a description and see photos and maps of ecological subregions of California.
- California GeoTour - Department of Conservation, California
Geologic Field Trip Guides
- California State Parks - California State Parks
Find detailed information about California's state parks.
- Coastal Lands and Resources
- Go Solar California - California Energy Commission, California Public Utilities Commission
Information on rebates, tax credits, and incentives for solar electricity systems in California.
- Historic Landscapes - California Department of Transportation
Learn how to identify historic landscapes and their importance in environmental preservation.
- Manual of California Vegetation - University of California, Davis
Read the Manual of California Vegetation, compiled by the California Native Plant Society.
- Minerals and Mining - California Geological Survey
See maps and data on California's minerals.
- Native American Resources - California Native American Heritage Commission
Learn about efforts to preserve and protect Native American cultural resources
- Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources - California Department of Conservation
Learn about the State's programs for managing these resources.
- Open Spaces and Agricultural Lands
- Renewable Energy - California Energy Commission
Learn about the State's policies and programs for planning, developing, and supporting renewable energy.
- Rivers, Wetlands and Water
- Trees and Forests - California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
Learn about California's forests and programs for protecting them.
- Wildlife and Wildlife Habitat - California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Find lists of endangered and rare animal and plant species, life history notes on amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, and further links to fish, animal, plant, or habitat information.
- Water Resources - California Department of Water Resources
Learn about California's water resources and programs for maintaining them.
I Need To...